The Jones Family

Monday, August 10, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Our church is doing a Baby Bottle Boomerang to benefit the HOPE Center. The HOPE Center is a Christian ministry in Woodstock devoted to sharing the hope of the Lord Jesus Christ, promoting sexual purity, and providing physical, emotional and spiritual support to women and men facing pregnancy-related issues. We picked up a bottle to fill with money. Next Sunday night the filled bottles will be returned and all money collected will go directly to the HOPE Center. When Person saw the bottle he asked me if I had fed my baby with that bottle. (What? Um, no!) So, Kirby and I explained to him that there are some people who have babies who need money to take care of them. We told him that we are going to put some money in the bottle for the babies and their families. Pearson said, "Yeah, I am going to put my money in there for the babies." As soon as we got home Pearson ran to his bank and asked me to open it for him so he could put all his money in the bottle. Kirby took out a few of the larger coins for Pearson to keep. This morning Pearson immediately wanted to put more money in the baby bottle. He said, "Mommy can you get the rest of my money so I can give it to the babies?" I told him that you can put all your money in the bottle, but you may want to keep some for yourself. If you give all your money to the babies then you won't have any money for candy." Without pausing Pearson said, "I want to give all my money to the babies. I want to fill the money all the way to the top." As soon as he finished filling the bottle he said, "Mommy can we go now? I want to take the bottle to the baby's house so his mommy and daddy can open it up and get the money out."

To me it is a common knowledge that babies are born with sin. With a bossy, self-centered, friend-biting, two-year old at my house...I experience it everyday! But, when I hear these innocent and honest words about giving from the same two-year old, it makes me stop and think about how I should look at giving. I pray that I will once again have the same attitude about giving in the name of God. I want to be able to give and not worry about tomorrow. I want to be able to give what I know God wants me to give back to Him today and then completely trust him with providing for tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home