The Jones Family

Saturday, May 2, 2009

You Think He Might Want a Brownie?

Today is Kirby's 35Th birthday, which is a wonderful miracle and blessing. Kirby is a childhood cancer survivor. The doctors and nurses did not expect him to live through the night when he was first brought into the hospital 27 years ago. To think that he is now 35, active, and healthy is certainly something to thank God for.

One of Kirby's favorite places to eat is Jersey Mike's. He absolutely loves their brownies. So, I decided to buy him a dozen for his birthday. Of course, Pearson was with me when I bought them. I told him numerous times, "Daddy's brownies are a surprise. Do not tell him what is in his present. Let him open it and see them for himself. We are not going to tell him we bought him brownies." This is what he said to Kirby as soon as he stepped into the house Friday evening:

"Daddy, we got you some birthday brownies! We got them from Jersey Mike's! Here, open your present so we can eat them!"

Here is the prayer that Pearson said at supper:

"Dear God, thank you that we can eat brownies and for... the brownies and thank you for... our brownies. Thank you for our... peaches... and for our green beans and thank you for... our brownies. Amen."

So, I am not sure who was more excited about the brownies...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home