Below is a picture of Pearson with the Chick-fil-A cow on Labor Day. Pearson was so excited to see him. As we were leaving Pearson said, "Bye, Cow. Have fun at the barn."
The weekend after Labor Day we participated in our neighborhood garage sale. It was a lot of fun. Kirby was especially thrilled when he took Friday's earnings to the bank Saturday morning and the teller told him that two of the twenties were fake. Where do you find fake money? How do you have the nerve to actually use fake money? Basically we paid someone to take our stuff with them. Oh well...
The following Wednesday we had our first home visit to become Foster Parents. I told Pearson that a lady was going to come talk to us about getting a baby. He said, "We are going to get our baby today?" Earlier in the week we went to Babies R Us and he said, "We are going to get our baby now?" He loves the idea of having a baby, let's see how quick the excitement fades when we actually get one. There is also a strong possibility that we will get two babies...at one time...not just one. Let's see how quick MY excitement fades.
The next day about twenty ladies from my Sunday school class came over for a bible study and a jewelery party. The jewelery was made by South African people in the town of Masiphumelele. Check out their website:
http://www.africanhopecrafts.org/Sometime during all my running around to get ready for the garage sale and cleaning the house for all of our guests, Pearson and I went to Wal-Mart. I didn't realize how rushed the morning was until I looked down at my feet and saw this:
Yep, that is two different flip-flops on my feet. How I didn't notice is beyond me. Especially since one shoe is totally flat and one is thick and contoured (and Kirby's). After my initial shock of seeing my feet, I didn't worry too much more about it...I was, after all, at Wal-Mart...
Labels: story
4 Comments:
LOL! LOL! I'm so glad you took a picture of your feet!
Too funny! Sounds like something I would do!
I am cracking up!!! You kill me. Thanks for keeping me entertained!
That's hilarious! Watch out or you'll be in one of those "People at Walmart" emails! Ha!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home